Where to stay in Playas del Coco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rleslie

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I will be in Guanacaste, Playas del Coco the last week of April. We are considering a couple of nights @ Ocotal Resort, but need something less expensive for the remaining time. Can afford $80-$90 per night. Since my wife will be with me, I need to find something nice that is not geared strictly to divers.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Roger

there are only 4-5 upscale places there(I stay in budget spots so dont know much about them)

and I dont know if you know it or not Ocotal is a seperate spot from Coco, about 5 miles away and only a hotel or two and one very good bar/restaurant there. No stores or anything.

A nice place there that's cheap is called Flor de Itabo...i've stayed there many times and loved it...it's clean and cheap.

Ocotal is 4km from Coco....so you can easily bike into Coco from there. Dive with Ocotal, they have the best boats in Guanacaste and fantastic instructors. In Coco you can stay at either Laura's House or Flor de Itabo...both clean and cheap. Have a great trip!

I will suggest you to stay to Villa Sol 58 US for 2 persons, or Also To Laura s house. In Ocotal, you have also Casa Blanca 60 US, it s really nice and cosy.
For the diving i loved Summer salt, in front of the beach, they are four linguals dive operators and nice, experienced and really friendly they will help you also for accomodation. Go diving to Argentina point, cabeza del mon y virador...

Pura vida

Villas del sol is great but so is Puerta del Sol or Pato loco.
We offer several different packages take a look at our website:
www.richcoastdiving.com

Have fun

Ummm... maybe you are much fitter than me but I found that cycle pretty hard work! There is a loooong hill to get to Ocotal!
I'd rent a car myself!

Simon

I agree with Simon, I have walked about 3/4 of the way and you would have to be a dialy runner/long distance walker to want to walk or cycle that everyday along with all your other activities.

Yeah Simon you are right, the hill at the end of the road does suck. I used to live right at the bottom of that hill for almost 3 years so I was lucky I didn't have to walk it that often. But I did walk from my house to Coco for work 6 days a week when I was diving there, so its not that bad...you don't need to be a long distance runner its 4km. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom