Where to stay in St. Marteen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeh20

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're going to Saba the end of May, but will have an overnight layover in St. Marteen. Any advise/experiences with hotels not too far from the airport would be appreciated.

Thanks
Duke

if you're staying in the Dutch side - I would highly recommend the Holland House Beach Hotel. They are located in Phillipsburg (the capital of the dutch side) right on front street, so if you get some spare time, you can do some shopping. Their rates are quite reasonable as well. Very good service and friendly staff.

It might look far from Simpson Bay/the airport, but it only takes about 10, maybe 15 mins by taxi to get there.

HTH

Lottie :eek:)

If you are just staying for the night, I would recomend either staying in Maho or Simpson Bay area which is not far from the airport. Traffic can sometimes get pretty backed up depending on the time going from the airport to Philipsburg and back.

Have fun in Saba, was just there about a month ago and did some AWESOME diving!!! Very healthy reefs!

For a simple overnight keep it easy at the Maho Beach Club. Nice pool, decent food , handy location.Check it out on the net. JW

When we went to Saba in October, we had an unexpected layover in St Maarten (late arrival and totally unhelpful folks at WinAir). We stayed at the Royal Turtle, literally walking distance (we did) from the airport. Not the Ritz, but the restaurant right on the water was good and we saw a spotted eagle ray swimming by.

Would also second the recommendation of Royal Turtle. I have a house on Saba and always stay there when I am in St. Martin for shopping or connecting back home. Rooms are clean and very close to the airport. The outside is not the best looking in St. Martin but it is o.k and it is reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom