Where to stay in Turks and Caicos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sueber

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband and I are planning a dive trip to Turks and Caicos the first week of December this year. We prefer someplace comfortable, clean and casual, with a good dive operation nearby and close to the best dive sites. Any suggestions?

We stayed at West Indies Resort. Also within walking distance of dive Provo. We used both Dive Provo and Flamingo Divers. Both were good, but I preferred Flamingo as they were a smaller op that would go out to West Caicos.

OK, T/C is one of the places I'm wanting to go someday but my notes say that Grand Turk is the place to go for the best diving and possible some shore diving. Is this incorrect or does it not matter where you go in that area, it's all good.

Ray

My husband and I are planning a dive trip to Turks and Caicos the first week of December this year. We prefer someplace comfortable, clean and casual, with a good dive operation nearby and close to the best dive sites. Any suggestions?

Assuming you mean Provo, then the Royal West Indies Resort is my pick, especially the one-bedroom, ocean view units. They are completely equipped with American Kitchens and even a w/d and a large balcony to watch sunsets over the ocean. Nice to keep your favorite beverages and goodies handy and do breakfast before heading out.

Dive Provo is across the street and they will pick you up (they valet your gear also) and take you to one of their boats. They keep boats on both sides of the island to shorten run times, excellent operation.

If the RWI resort (or any of the other beach condos) is a bit much for the budget then the Comfort Suites has been modeled lately and is, well, comfortable. It's not on the beach but shares the parking lot with Dive Provo and a number of shops. Dive Provo and some of the other ops have dive/hotel packages and are usually better than you can put together yourself.

Ports of Call is right behind Dive Provo. We stayed at a house right behind the resort if you rent houses. Very handy and private, a quick jaunt to the Whole Foods otherwise known as Graceway IGA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom