Where was everyone yesterday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out in the morning getting some new dive toys from my US address. Did a quick afternoon dive at the cut with a couple buddies. Vis cleared up around 60', but above that, yeah, it was soup. Kinda like last weekend at Porteau. I honestly almost ran into the granthall. I was well under it and about 3' from it before I saw it.

Daryl Morse:
We went to Whytecliff with plans to dive The Cut. I don't remember ever seeing fewer divers on a Saturday morning.

I think they were all down here. Went to Keystone on Whidbey Island on Saturday and there must've been 100 divers there. About half of them were from BC ... probably came down looking for decent vis (and found it) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Doh, well there had to be good vis somewhere. Guess it's time for another weekend trip to keystone if things don't clear up here soon.

Well, just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I was out at Porteau Cove on Feb 26 counting ling cod egg masses. Viz was absolutly the worst I have ever seen. We did our one dive of two planned dives then packed it up to go home. On the way to the dive store to fill the tanks, we got a call from a couple non diver friends at whytecliff enjoying the sun on the beach, so we pulled off the highway to go say hi. In the parking lot, we talked to a diver that said there was 15 foot viz from about 20 ft down. So, once again, we suited up, and dove on the islet. We planned to drop to about 70ft to visit our octo friend at his den and sure enough, the viz was great and we met up with the octo sitting in his den. To bad the way he was sitting you could only see one tentacle, but still it was an octo dive :p. Anyone have any ideas why the viz becomes so hit and miss right now? At least on the 26th, it wasn't like the ocean was that green color from the highway. Hopefully it will clear up, cause I'm coming down on the 18th from the interior to do a couple days of diving with some friends. I can't wait until I move back down there :p Just my 2 cents :p

Nalidixic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom