"Where were you when the lights went out?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch103

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A great afternoon, evening and night to spend on the hammock in the back yard watching the ducks and wishing I had gas in my boat to go for a spin......

I just happened to head home early from the office, do some shopping, talk to a couple of dive buddies, and then "poof"..the lights went out.......

heading home on the highway, when "poof" the radio station I was listening to went off.... the silence was all around. Then the sirens started.

It was only when I got off the highway did I have any problems. Silly people who forget how a 4-way stop works! Got home, and like Butch spent the rest of the day relaxing in the backyard (no ducks).

Got caught up reading a great book, it was really great with so little noise happening.

At work, writing a complicated report and not saving it for at least three hours. Lost all of my work. :banging:

Went home, got in the canoe, paddled and drank beer till by blood pressure dropped to normal.

SueMermaid once bubbled...
At work, writing a complicated report and not saving it for at least three hours. Lost all of my work. :banging:

Went home, got in the canoe, paddled and drank beer till by blood pressure dropped to normal.

OUCH!

I know there was a reason I liked this girl!! :wink:

I had just picked up tanks for moonlight dive on the Gaskin. Was a lot more moonlight than planned once we got out of town :) . When we surfaced the lights were on in Brockville but Ottawa was still dark at 0100 when we got back.
Actually, most people were handling the driving better than I expected. I was assuming there would be much more trouble than there was.

I had just gotten out of bed to go to work...........

Living in Lanark County we're used to loosing power here and there over the year........the patch job after the ice storm is still showing it's wonderful effects.

Got about half way to work when I heard about the major blackout - so I turned around and went home.....called my boss - she told me to stay put..........

Was downtown T.O. in an office tower working away and POOF!!
Fortunately I was able to get home. Chilled last night. Stargazing was great!!
Still no power at my house now!! Work pd for a cab to get me here. Hopefully I'll be able to find one with gas to get me home.

Now explain this to me: Ontario is in a state of emergency with appeals to use as little power as possible. So why is the Toronto Stock Exchange open? It's not an essential service!! It being open encourages all the traders, support staff, technicians and such to go to work powering on thousands of computers, lights and airconditioning. How does that make sense????
If it were an essential service it would be open 24/7. It's not. How careless of the business district to do this.

Rotating blackouts courtesy of the big banks that pull the strings at the TSE.

Diverlady

Back
Top Bottom