Where's my secret awesome Barbados snorkel spot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allspread Grapealo

Registered
Reaction score
Just back from Curacao...3rd time down there.

February will take me to Barbados for seven days. I should explain that I am not going as a tourist - I only have the chance to sneak off and snorkel in between other things I should be doing. Got in the water for 4 one hour stretches in Curacao on a 4 day visit two weeks ago.

I digress - I am going to Barbados for a week. Never been there. Will probably have part or most of two of the seven days I am there to do whatever I want -- someone tell me where the bestest secret scubaboard.com spot is for snorkeling. I am staying in the interior of the island, northwest part, and will have a car to take me wherever I ought to be to see the FISH.

Thanks !

I would say probably Folkes Bay. It isnt hard to find.

If you have a car I would also suggest Little Bay...next to Cove Bay. Not good for snorkeling but great for climbing around and pics.

If you can, do the Roots and Rythm review.....and def do Oistins on Friday and Sat night for the fish fry. Get there about 730 pm and Angel's is a good shack to eat out of.

If you have time to sneak in a dive.....Dive Barbados with John Moore would be my choice. If you like Greek food.....visit OPA .. it cant be beat. Stay away from the Cliff.

Pm me if you have other questions or do them here.

Oh one other item....most cost quotes other than hotel are done in Barbados dollars....not US or any other currency. So if someone says something costs $100....they USUALLY mean $100 Barbados dollars....that being about $50 US dollars. It never hurts to ask what currency they are meaning.

Welcome to the board by the way. Fill out more info on yourself as it helps us help you.

Best beach snorkle area we found was at the Lone Star Hotel. It sits on a beautiful beach with absolutely no waves, glass like water. Snorkel from there and you'll see a large variety of fish and life. We went down to the beach and had lunch at the restaurant (you can sit on their private beach and enjoy the beautiful scenery), snorkled for a couple of hours, got a bottle of wine and enjoyed the sunset. Highly recommended - especially if you have kids who want to snorkle but not fight the waves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom