Where's our winter viz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsteding:
And, the damn seals don't help much. ...

You need to convert those seals to DIR :wink:

Vis was 15-20 ft at Cove 1 on Sunday.

I have come to realize that Cove 1 is the underwater equivalent of the dirt lot behind the corner gas station. :)

Matt S.:
Vis was 15-20 ft at Cove 1 on Sunday.

I have come to realize that Cove 1 is the underwater equivalent of the dirt lot behind the corner gas station. :)

Try it at night, my last night dive there had packs of ferral rat fish that I swear were stalking us, two small octos out in the open, a smallish skate, gunnels up the wee-hoo, a stubby squid that inked us, and schools of herring all over the place. The bottom was still mostly mud, however.

That sounds pretty cool.

(I did see a ratfish though yesterday, first time. Neat critter.)

Penopolypants:
I heard that the viz at Edmonds was 20' or so on Saturday, but I didn't get to check it myself...my buddy's neck seal ripped as he was putting on his suit, so we never made it into the water. :(

Definitely 20-25 feet, and there were a couple of pretty big ling, of all places, on the Jetty rocks on the way in, in less than 8 feet. Kind of surprising.
gomi_

gomi_otaku:
Definitely 20-25 feet, and there were a couple of pretty big ling, of all places, on the Jetty rocks on the way in, in less than 8 feet. Kind of surprising.
gomi_

Dang, it hurts to hear that......I was really looking forward to that dive. :flush:

Well, I think the viz at Cove 2 tonight was pretty decent everywhere we weren't.

Where WE were, there were seals. Enough said?

NWGratefulDiver:
FWIW - vis was so bad on Saturday that I rescheduled my AOW class's Search and Recovery dive ...
:shocked: ouch; that's bad!

i might have to wait a bit to jump back in the water here - i think i'll need to let the memory of the 100-foot vis i was diving in last week fade first ... along with the memory of the 75-degree water ... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom