Where's ScubaPro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you type Scubapro in the Search box, you can find lots of info about Scubapro. Was there something in particular you were looking for? Specify it in the search.

Scubapro and Aqualung don't seem to be interested in talking to divers. I believe they are focused on their customers, their "authorized" dealers.

new member here, is scuba-pro not represented in manufacturers forum?

We have asked them, and it is being discussed internally at ScubaPro AFAIK.

If members e-mail them also - it can't hurt. :wink:

Thank You all for the replies! I might have a contact within Scuba-Pro, let me see how far that will get me! lightning 59

A member of management cut his teeth in the dive biz at the dive shop I taught at back in the day. He makes a visit every summer and sees my old OWI Trainer. I'm working on it! I will keep you all updated.

Let's see.

That was June 23rd, '08 !

And, still no response?

I too believe Scuba Pro focuses only on their customers- the dealers.

End users are left to the misuse by Scuba Pro customers.

Note the negative attitude.

I purchased Scuba Pro's high end computer, with the heart rate monitor, to have the additional safety margin, but lo and behold, it didn't work with a Mac although I was promised, by the dealer, it did.

Only after getting in touch with a techie at Scuba Pro (Uwatec) in Europe somewhere ( I don't remember as it was about 6/08 when I went thru this), did I find that the product was not compatible with Apple products, although they were "working on it."

Here it is, now January, '09 and only after putting my credit card charge "in dispute" did I get my money back.

So much for dealing with Scuba Pro products thru their dealers.

I perhaps hit a bad one, but I had no recourse with Scuba Pro when push came to shove.

Interestingly, I had an Oceanic 180 that took on water as it's predecessor, and, while I bought it at Diver's Direct in Key Largo while going thru the PADI IDC, the folks who run this board didn't blink an eye when I brought it in. They took it, and sent it in to Oceanic and returned a new one to me.

So, you decide whether to buy Scuba Pro / Uwatec or not.

Best,

Bill
Ft. Worth

new member, I have an Scubapro inflator, serial number08484083. My question is it needs rebuilding and is it an original air2 thanks with the least to know is it worth it

Check the cost, of course.

More important, see what Diver's Direct would suggest, as well as Scuba Toys in the Dallas area.
Ask for either Joe or Larry. They're as honest and straight forward as any I've met.

As I noted above, after discovering ScubaPro's parent refused to go to bat for me with the the Key Largo Scuba Pro dealer, and the dealer, who's staff instructor mislead me and then denied it, backed the staff person, I had no recourse or co-operation.

On the other hand, this forced me to look elsewhere for products as I needed them, like subsequent suit purchases of various thicknesses, tanks, etc., you know how that gets.

My experience with both Diver's Direct as they were local, when I worked in Key Largo, and then Scuba Toys when I was back in the D/FW area, were at the other end of the customers service scale.

Like a computer, I guess, you get the "right" one, when you buy your second.

Hope this helps a little.

Best,

Bill

P.S. Just got your post on 8/30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom