Where's that: If you could start over Post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steelwindmachine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was reading this yesterday, didn't bookmark it... it was a "if you could start over, what would you do differently..."

It was mostly about gear selection.

I tried searching for different terms, skimming the forum sections, but I just can't find it..ugh..

any help would be appreciated!

maybe 'what did you buy that you regret?' ?

If I could start over...... hmmmmmmm

Well.... I started at the age of 18 in 1984 (don't start adding it up because it's depressing enough without people pointing out how old you are)....

What I would have done differently is.......nothing

It would have been nice to know that seals are highly attracted to divers during night dives. That would have saved me a few heart-attacks.

It would have also been nice to know that GPO's will let go if you ascend a bit.

In terms of gear .... gear is an evolution. It is perhaps the most primary thing for divers but at the same time also the most uninteresting.

Would I dive with the gear I had in 1984? No. Do I regret the choices I made in 1984..... No.

People who "regret" also "forget".

The main thing is that you keep up to the times.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom