Where's the best diving in baja?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roxie110

New
Reaction score
We've stayed in La Ventana (about 40 mins southeast of La Paz) and have done a number of dives around there. Would love some other suggestions. Thanks!

While on a 6 day fishing trip in the sea of cortez last week we shared an anchorage with the Andrea Lynn at Refugio Bay located on the northern end of La Guardia island in the sea of cortez. I was freediving in this same location and can tell you that it was beautiful. Here's the link to this boat. I'd love to do this trip.

seaofcortezdiving.com

Paul Findly
findly@sbcglobal.net

Last edited:
The midriff islands are amazing. Cliffs and Canyons in the sea. So much sea life you feel as though you have to part in with your hands to get through. 7 day liveaboard is the best way to go.
Rocio del Mar departs from Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point). After a nights run you wake up at
Angel Island and head south everyday. It's wonderful. The northern Sea of Cortez is amazing!!
Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - eat, sleep & dive....

I second the Northern Sea of Cortez: Bahia de Los Angeles, Las Encantadas Islands, Angel Island and the Midriff Islands like San Estaban. Absolutely beautiful.

I've been on both the Andrea Lynn and the Rocio Del Mar. Andrea Lynn is a sportfishing focused clientel with occasional divers and no professional dive crew, just fishing guides whose site selection is based on anglers needs, not necessarily the best of dive spots. Rocio del Mar was built by divers, for divers, understanding and catering to divers needs and take you to awesome dive sites.

Read NetDoc's recent trip report: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mexico/311826-blog-sea-cortez.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom