which cabins on the Star Dancer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Klezz:
Hi !

I scheduled to dive in next october ( !) in Papua New Guinea, on the "Star Dancer"
Is there anybody who has dived on this ship ?

are all cabins comfortable ?
we have the choice :the rear ones, D7 & D8 , aremore noisy than the middle ones
(T4 D5 D6)

http://www.peterhughes.com/VirtualTours/StarDancerVR/main1.shtml

THANKS

Klezz

We were in M2 according to that diagram, which in my estimation was the nicest room on the boat. I was in most every room and didn't notice noise at all, but I didnt spend time overnite in any room but M2 so I can't give you the complete rundown.
Are you loading at Walindi?

I'd take 1, 2 or 3. I've stayed in 3. The one problem with 3 is with rough crossings the night guard sometimes leaves the outer hatch door open and it click clacks very annoyingly. It took us two nights to figure out what the bloody banging was and ask that the door not be left open or be secured better. The only cabin I think I'd absolutely avoid is 8. It's got not only the outer hatch next to it, but you also are next to the night guard's cabin and they are in and out a lot during the night.

Also if you are in M3, you will want to keep the cutain closed on your big window at times because the crew has a doorway that leads to the bow directly near the big window, and they could view into your room at a unadvantages time. We also used the door to the bow to view dolphins who were swimming right alongside of the boat which was an awesome view since you are only about 12ft. away from the dolphins
PNG048.jpg

thanks for the answers !

M1, 2 or 3 seem great ones
but I and the friend I'm travelling with don't want to share the bed :shakehead
so the separate beds are in 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8..

anyway, we'll avoid the rear ones

caymaniac:
Are you loading at Walindi?
no, we are scheduled to load at Kavieng, and to unload at Walindi

it's a long time to wait to next october
(happily I've planned several dive trips before :) )

You will love the 'Dancer. It is one of the most comfortable boats I have dived. I have stayed in several different cabins from one of the two forward cabins (NICE window) to the rooms with two single beds. All are quite nice. The forward cabins are a little bouncier during rough crossings, and you can hear the anchor dropping. The rear are louder engine noises. Neither problem caused any discomfort, however. I have some real crew favorites. Hope some of them will be with you.

I heard they were going to destroy the "Bottle Shop" dive in Kavieng. I hope not. Let me know. It is a great dive on an old pier.

Say hi to George for me. One of my favorite critters. Hope he is still around.

Allison Finch:
George stays near Killibob's Knob. He'll give you a bit of a fright when you first see him.
GEORGE%20THE%20GREAT%20BARRACUDA.jpg

The screw of Febrina is in the background. Enjoy.

Alison

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom