Which dive op in Puerto Rico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECPaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to be in Puerto Rico at the end of October and will be staying at the Westin Rio Mar Beach Golf Resort (looks pretty posh). I'll have at least 1 "free" day there and would like to spend it underwater.

Any recommendations of a great nearby dive op? And maybe also of specific dive sites that I should check out?

Thanks in advance for sharing your ideas and experiences with a newbie to Puerto Rico.

Look around at all the PR threads. There are a zillion.

Best places: Desecheo and Parguera Wall.

Not very close.

I have to agree with prskate2, Desecheo Islandand Parguera are the don't miss dives. But from rio mar is 2+ hour ride to parguera, and same for the Desecheo + boat ride. You are better off trying the east side. If I were you I'd contact Casa del Mar dive shop in the Conquistador Hotel they offer great boat diving trips to the near reefs. El Conquistador is located like 20 to 25 minutes from Rio Mar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom