which dive shop for referral

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron Brandt:
Actually,I put my students in them for all reasions you mentioned but.... steel 72's.

I am also thinking the poster is refering to steel 104's or up to 121's used for cave....you will not need a weightbelt with a typicle 3mm wetsuit and actually may not result in a balanced rig or be able to swim to the surface should your bcd fail (IE no ditchable weight).

Aldora and Liquid Blue use HP 100s and 120s. They are also careful not to let the diver overweight themselves. I had a leak at the pull dump elbow in the 100 and had no problem keep myself off the bottom at the beginning of the dive while my buddy fixed it underwater.

Hi ...I had Papa hog's give my gal her referral. Mike was just awesome! 2 shore dives and 2 boat dives were given.I believe the cost was 175. :) Wash

TheRedHead:
Aldora and Liquid Blue use HP 100s and 120s. They are also careful not to let the diver overweight themselves. I had a leak at the pull dump elbow in the 100 and had no problem keep myself off the bottom at the beginning of the dive while my buddy fixed it underwater.

That's good to hear!
But...I think it's not all that common to have a steel 120 for a students check out dives.Not something I'd do.

Ron

washguy:
Hi ...I had Papa hog's give my gal her referral. Mike was just awesome! 2 shore dives and 2 boat dives were given.I believe the cost was 175. :) Wash

Mikes just a great instructor...period. I have watched him teach,he has also watched me teach.

Ron

Ron Brandt:
That's good to hear!
But...I think it's not all that common to have a steel 120 for a students check out dives.Not something I'd do.

I think the student divers are more likely in the E7-100, which is smaller than an AL 80 and neutral. They also have 80s. These shops do attact two distrinct groups: newbies who want longer dives and very experienced divers who want more BT on the advanced sites. I really like the bouyancy characteristics of the E7-100 much better than the AL 80 and it is certainly better than a LP 85 or 95 for a newbie.

Back
Top Bottom