Which dives should I sign up for on Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arubabob1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I can dive only 4 days the end of Nov when I go to Cur for my first time. I am staying at the Rennasance so I need some advice. I will probably dive 3 days there and maybe go up north with west dive to do that great boat dive p by them. The 4 day choices I have at Caribean Sea Sports are: Thuresday: Superior Producer and Playa Largo. Friday: Light Tower and Bachelor Beach. Saturday: Curacao Underwater Park and the Dive Masters choice. Sunday: Bullenbay and Blue Bay.
Ok I was thinking doing 3 days of dives here and maybe on the dives, see if anyone would go shore dive in the afternoons with me. I will be the only diver and I have a car. Then the 4th day I would go to West Dive and see the best they have. Which 3 of these days should I go? If you have any other suggestions, let me know. Maybe do the Dive Bus. I have a car so I could follow them around. I just need suggestions. I have over 100 dives in Aruba day and night so I want the best and I am good with currents and waves. I also LOVE to night dive so any suggestions would be great. I want to see the best there is to see in 4 days of diving Cur. Thanks alot. Aruba Bob

The Curacao Underwater Park is most of the east end of the island. So it would depend on what site.
The Curacao Marine Park, known as the Curacao Underwater Park was was established in 1983. It stretches from Breezes Hotel (previously named Princess Beach Hotel) to the eastern tip of the island and includes some of Curacao's finest reefs.
Personally I wouldn't call Blue Bay one of the best. From CSS it's one of the closest though. IDK Bullenbai.

I think the Dive Bus does the Superior Producer at night also. Obviously it's easier off a boat. http://www.the-dive-bus.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=60

Personally, I would spend more time diving at the west end of the island. Don't miss Watamula (boat dive), alice in wonderland, and the house reef at All West (turtles!). I also like Porto Mari, Lagun, Klein Knip. It's been said there has been some issues with car break ins at Klein Knip, but when we were there a week ago, there was a security guard in the parking lot.

I have done 2 trips this year to Curacao, stayed near the Dive Bus on the first trip, and at westpunt on the second. I am a 'Westpunt' convert, and will likely stay there again in the future.
However, the Dive bus does a trip to Director's Bay, which is a stunning wall dive.

Thanks alot. Since its my first time and I am a solo diver, I just thought I would go with CSS since I am staying at the Rennasance and hopefully meet some people on the boat who will go with me in the afternoon to the shore dives. I also want to night dive but I need a buddy. I will go to All West on my 4th day and do Watamula and a few more great dives up that way. I guss I should have stayed longer but thats the best I can do this time. I spend the winter in Aruba so hopefully I can scout it out and do some more trips since its about 15 minutes in a small airplane. Then I will look for the cheaper accomadations and do all shore dives.

Curacao is famous fo it's shoredives like Bonaire. At CURious2DIVE they dive in small groups and mostly shoredives. The most Pristine reefs you'll find on the eastpoint one of the best spots. But also the housereef of CURious2DIVE that consists of TUGboat Directorsbay Barracudapoint and Barbara beach. One of the spots used for Coral Conservation done by SECORE and the C2D. With a local instructor we can explain all above and under water. As a solodiver you need briefing about one of the reefs, pass by and we'll provide the information for free.

Hey Aruba Bob... you will love curacao. I will be there thanksgiving week and the week prior. You will find the shore diving is similar to Jads Rocky beach all along the island what I am saying is a few kicks out from shore and you are at the reef. Wife and I use Curious2Dive and you will find Hans Pleij very similar to JP. I really like the wall at tugboat and would not miss that. I suck on air so I have not been able to do the directors bay tugboat in one dive. I would not use Carib Sea Sports. Watamula on the west end is a must dive as well. PM me and I can give you some further insight.

You could visit us at Kokomo beach/Vaersenbaai. We have a very nice house reef (left and right) and also a carpile and a pontoon (left).
We have nightdive possibilities as well. As authors of " The Curacao diving guide" (second edition already) we can providen you with all the dive information you might need on Curacao. Because of the easing of weather conditions we are now scheduling the more difficult dives as well, like diving the Northore and cave diving at Watamula.

Kind regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom