Which Dry Suit do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your budget is only $1K for the suit and you need custom, you need to either go with a Seaskin or readjust your budget/expectations.

Depends on if I can find a stock that fits, how much is the Seaskin? Looks like fabric?

Depends on if I can find a stock that fits, how much is the Seaskin? Looks like fabric?

Seaskin does custom suits at a reasonable cost. There’s one long thread. Check it out.

didn't realize these suits were that high, prob need a used one that fits

IF you can find one that fits. If you’re an odd size, finding what you need used can be quite the challenge.

didn't realize these suits were that high, prob need a used one that fits

Going dry is not cheap. I recommend very highly taking the class when you get it. It is a skill but once you learn it it is much more comfortable and I have better buoyancy control in one. Sadly mine is shot I have a replacement on layaway, cant wait to get it.

If you really want to dive cold then a good drysuit is the way to go. But don’t forget about semidry wetsuits. 59 is definitely doable in a semidry, and will run you closer to 400 dollars or even less: Henderson Thermoprene Pro Hooded Semi-Dry Jumpsuit
Im not opposed to diving wet, its just such a PITA to get the suit on and off, also restricts movement up top - then requires a crap load of weight which gets to the point where its not enjoyable anymore

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom