Which editing software for 1200HD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blazinator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, you have to admit that the Arcsoft MediaImpression that came with my 1200HD is horribly inadequate, but what do I expect for free - can't complain, except that it wasted a lot of my time - doesn't create HD videos, not even simple text overlays, but it does allow stupid YouTube uploading direct and a bunch of other teen beat features. Worst part is the loud pulsating screeching sound at all HD sections of video.

End of rant - love the camera.

I seem to hear good things about Pinnacle Studio editing software, and is a good price, but before I buy, which one is best - Studio Plus, or Ultimate? They both claim to edit and output HD. Are the .mov files from the 1200 HD compatable?

Any other SIMPLE editing software available? I'm not opening a video production company, just want to upload onto vimeo without too much embarassment (see embarrasing example below).

[vimeo]5069794[/vimeo]

Plus will do all you want. Except it won't import .mov files.
Import Formats
Video: AVCHD*, DV, HDV, AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DivX®*, MPEG-4*, 3GP(MPEG-4)*, WMV, Non-encrypted DVD titles*

So you'll need to convert them first. Super is one program that will do so. And it's free.

Adobe's Premiere Elements will import .Mov's. It's another option priced around the same as Studio 12.
Import/export of some formats, including AVCHD, DVD, Blu-ray, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, and Dolby Digital Stereo may require activation via an Internet connection. Activation is fast, easy, and free. Import/export of 3GP, 3GP2, MOV, MPEG-4, and QuickTime requires QuickTime software.

HDV editing has some serious hardware minimum requirements also - they're listed on the mfr's websites.

Thanks Diversteve. I'll look into Premiere. My manual says that the files are MPEG4-ACI but after loading them, they are .mov files.

I just hope that if I buy Premiere, I won't spend countless hours learning it, but I think I might like it.

I'll have to buy a Blue Ray DVD player just to view them in HD. The AV cable that comes with the camera doesn't play on my HD TV in HD, so the only way to view the footage in HD is to burn a Blue Ray disc and play on a BR player.

Hi there guys!

I use a Sea&Sea 1200 HD and have made some pleasing (amateur) videos that you can see on the Indigo Scuba channel on youtube or on the Indigo Scuba website.

However, before I could do this, I had to get a good video editing programme and bought Pinnacle Ultimate (the one that comes with the green cloth etc). Unfortunately my computer (bought earlier in the year) could not work with it as it didn't have the correct graphics card.

So, unless you want to waste more money and buy a programme that works with your computer! First check CAREFULLY that your computer is big enough (no less than 4MB memory) and the correct graphics card before you buy the Pinnacle software.

I upgraded my computer to a SONY VAIO VGN-FW55GF and am very happy with the results.

Please shout if you have any more video-related questions!

I am still struggling with taking good underwater still photos though :(.

Happy filming!

Back
Top Bottom