which extension ring for Wide dome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiburontucson

Registered
Reaction score
Shooting Nikon D70 with D70 housing. With Nikon 105mm Macro (NOT VR), I use the your 40mm extension ring and custom flat port. Do I need/use this same extension ring to shoot the Tokina 12-24mm with your wide dome? Any diopters required? I might add that I'm more interested in shooting sharks and turtles and mantas off in a distance, not CFWA. I also own the Nikon 18-70mm (kit) lens, can I use this lens behind this dome (if yes, with which diopter)? I realize I won't be able to zoom w/o zoom gear, but that's OK. Thanks in advance.

HI-
Unfortunately SEA&SEA Japan has not tested this lens, however, we have found that the Tokina 12-24 can be used with the Extension Ring 40 and Dome Port 240 (or Fisheye Dome Port). SEA&SEA does not offer a zoom gear for this lens, however, a SEA&SEA dealer offers a custom solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom