Which fixed plastic propeller will fit Cuda?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Markus_G

New
Reaction score
I need a new propeller for my Cuda 400/Fury. So far I have broken 2 propeller blades, a “yoke shaft” and 2 “inner hubs” and now it have started to change the pitch of the propeller after 15-30 min scootering. So I have grown tired of the current propeller model and want something else.

I saw that a few years ago a fixed pitch aluminum propeller was available. But that will be to heavy since it is already a bit heavy in the back, so I would like a plastic propeller. Preferably one with more thrust than the original one. Usually I dive with a RB and 4 stages, so thrust is more important than top speed. And if you can remove the propeller under the water it would be great.

What other brands have the same size and fitting as the Cuda?
SS seems to have the same propeller as Cuda, but I am not sure…

I thought that they might not recommend me to buy a propeller from someone else :wink: that is why I asked you here

I actually asked them before about the aluminium propeller, but they are not selling it anymore. And it will anyway not suit my scooter since I changed the batteries and it is more heavy in the back now…

I thought that they might not recommend me to buy a propeller from someone else :wink: that is why I asked you here

I actually asked them before about the aluminium propeller, but they are not selling it anymore. And it will anyway not suit my scooter since I changed the batteries and it is more heavy in the back now…

no one is making a solid plastic prop unless the one from the Piranha will fit, but I doubt it. Silent Submersion still uses the adjustable prop and their fixed blade is metal. I don't know of anyone else still using that prop design and the only one I know of who made the solid plastic one is Dive xtras. I have one, but it's not available.

DPV repair has aluminum blades that won't break, but obviously don't help you on the adjustment bit.

Hi Markus,

I've been looking into the same thing, perhaps for a slightly different reason. Regardless, the Cuda appears to use the same Tekna/Mako/Oceanic (or a slight variation of) "back end" (prop assembly) as do several other brands of scooters. The clutch and prop fell apart on my wife's Cuda 400 last summer and a dive buddy had the same thing happen on a tech dive a couple of years ago. There are a few fixed blade props out there - 3 and 5 fixed blade options are available from Sub Gravity and Bonex (not sure if the two are related), but not sure if they fit a Cuda. Just Google "DPV prop" and check images. Not exactly an answer, but hopefully of some help.

Cheers,
Lee

@newmanl
bonex=sub gravity

the shaft is different than the tekna shaft. More importantly the prop diameter is very different with the Bonex prop being significantly smaller in diameter

Dive Xtras was still selling the standard props earlier this year, i got that directly from them when i was looking if there was an upgraded prop option for my Sierra. Dpvrepair still had the delrin ones listed on their site a few months back when I last looked. Other than that you may consider pinning the blades.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom