Which Inon Wide Angle Lens For G7/WP-DC11?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Type I appears to be for cameras using threaded 67mm adapter. Does anyone have any experience with this or recommendations on whether Type I or Type II is better for my setup?
They are basically the same lens with different mounting requirements. From Inon America web site:

There are two versions of the UWL-100 lens: Type I and Type II.
Choosing between a Type 1 or Type 2 lens depends on your camera/housing system, whether it has a 67M threaded mount on its outer port, and if an adapter ring is necessary.

Best check with your supplier or Inon America before purchasing the one you need to fit your housing:

Type 1: INON America - Product Catalog

Type 2: INON America - Product Catalog

Hi Canon G9 Users,

I was wondering if anyone knows or has tested out using an INON Dome over an INON Wide angle lens configuration w/ the Ikelite G9 short port housing.

Does anyone know if this is this something sanctioned by Ikelite to be a usable configuration?

Alex

I went through this about a month ago and took some measurements and did some figuring and came to the conclusion that it might work but then it might not and I did not have the money to experiment. THe long zoom makes it diffucult to get the lens element close enough to the wet mount lens to eliminate severe vigneting.

Actually it was more than a month ago but I did email Ikelite with questions regarding exactly that and the P5100 and never got a reply. Perhaps call them?

N

Hi Nemrod,

My gut feeling tells me that since it uses the same wide angle INON lens UWL-100...why wouldnt it work w/ the dome? ....but then again... i think that maybe a slightly naive deduction too....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom