Which integrated computers calculate your SAC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar:
. Any computer should be able to give you average depth.In order to show you SAC, .

Any computer, except mine !

I got an Epic and it will give me my SAC rate and average depth after i downloaded it but not during the dive. Im ok with this since during the dive the only things i want my computer to tell me is my current depth, remaining gas and remaining time at that particular depth.

Vytech DS does after downloaded. Suunto Dive Manager and Dive Log for Mac both do it if you set your tank size.

Who needs an automatic computer when you can just use this impossibly long function with more parenthesis than actual words?

$RMV = round(((($AirStart - $AirEnd)/$AirStart)*(($AirStart/3000)*$TankVol)/$DiveMinutes)/(($AvDepth/33)+1), 2);

Ice9:
Who needs an automatic computer when you can just use this impossibly long function with more parentheses than actual words?

$RMV = round(((($AirStart - $AirEnd)/$AirStart)*(($AirStart/3000)*$TankVol)/$DiveMinutes)/(($AvDepth/33)+1), 2);
Actually, that's not quite correct (not all tanks are 3000 psi), and it can be simplified. Using your terms (and adding $AirFull):

$RMV = round(($AirStart - $AirEnd) / $AirFull * $TankVol / $DiveMinutes / ($AvDepth/33 + 1), 2);

For international users dealing in meters, bar, and liters, with tank volumes stated in "water volume" instead of the American-style volume of gas at STP contained when full:

$RMV = round(($AirStart - $AirEnd) * $TankVol / $DiveMinutes / ($AvDepth/10 + 1), 2);

Of course, in either case, you still need your average depth.

fisherdvm:
As many of my dives are multilevel, it is inaccurate to calculate SAC. However, if one were to get an integrated computer, which ones do the SAC for you?
Cochrans. You input tank size and it will spit out SAC on the fly.

fisherdvm:
Any computer, except mine !

I imagine you can write out the depth data and calculate it.

Also, it's a good idea to keep mental notes of your dive profile. You should be able to get a pretty decent rough estimate as to average depth without a computer or DBT.

My Vytec will do it at download, my VR3 will do it during a dive on the days the HP link is working.
Pat B

ClayJar:
Actually, that's not quite correct (not all tanks are 3000 psi), and it can be simplified. Using your terms (and adding $AirFull):

$RMV = round(($AirStart - $AirEnd) / $AirFull * $TankVol / $DiveMinutes / ($AvDepth/33 + 1), 2);

For international users dealing in meters, bar, and liters, with tank volumes stated in "water volume" instead of the American-style volume of gas at STP contained when full:

$RMV = round(($AirStart - $AirEnd) * $TankVol / $DiveMinutes / ($AvDepth/10 + 1), 2);

Of course, in either case, you still need your average depth.

Nice! I gotta plug that into my divelog app! Simpler is always better :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom