Which light to choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swedish Orca

Reaction score
Howdy folks!! I´ve read a bounch of posts regarding scubalights and it´s a lot of interesting ideas, thaughts and comments. I´ve tried several different lights during my career in diving and I´ve come to realize that being cheap while shopping for lights gets expensive after a few years. My last light is made in Germany by a company called Hartenberger. It´s very expensive but it burns forever and recharge very fast. It´s also very easy to maintain. Earlier I´ve tried Princeton, Univega by Cressi sub, and varies Scubapro models. They´ve either been flooded or had a bad burn time. :10:

I had heard about HID lamps with very small canister that give you sun light cuality, dive rite have some.

I havent use them but is what most of the cave divers I know from around here like to use.

have you try them??

Hey Orca...I too live on the "front side of Sweden" and I use a 10W HID(mentioned above), mine is made by DiveRite, MR-11(-6)...I like it a lot...about 4hrs burn time and recharges fast...I bought it while in the states though so have no idea about what they cost in Sweden...I only bought it recently but I´ve found the beam pretty bright even as shallow as 18 meters...just my 2 öre...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom