Which Liveaboard trip? Want world class diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love bump head parrotfish too and a pretty big fish. Had awesome encounter with about 10 at Boo Windows in RA. I stayed still and filmed while grazed the reef right next to me. multiple awesome stuff on that site. Mantas, schools, sea snake, eels, big spadeish, turtles. That's what made Indonesia diving for me. Multiple dives where I saw like 25-30 different stuff right there in the flesh. The I'd book is right there.

I want to make PNG too but its the travel cost thats the killer. Boat cost the same but aus to pom is equal to us to aus. Then flights don't line up so more hotel nights and days off.

I can't speak highly enough about my trip to the Maldives aboard the MV Leo, part of the Constellation Fleet out of Male Harbor.

The service was excellent and the diving was surreal. Incredible visibility, swam with whale sharks and mantas. I'd love to go back!

Its not cheap to get from west coast of Aus to PNG either....but it is worth it. If the OP wasnt after a LOB id also recommend the tuomoto archipeligo in French Polynesia. Interestingly Chilly still takes me 20 hours to get to Sorong from here. But...its worth it :D

Chilly, take the calthy flight from Vancouver to Singapore. Only a 15 hr time change - barely long enough for jet lag. Then onwards to Sorong, with only one stop in Jakarta, or in Manado, or Makassar. PNG, yikes, it's pain to get there, even for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom