which lobster bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
well...I need a lobster bag and was wandering what every ones oppinions where...

biggest bag possible true but try to get the ones that start as nylon and have mesh on the bottom half.The spines get caught going in and can slow you down.Also matters where you are diving,in the Keys shallow diving anything works.Here where small bugs go #4 and they get over #10 a big opening is essential.

It's a trident I think, the spring opening allows one handed use. Highly reccommend. I had one of the manual open ones for awhile but it can be a PITA, especially with the clawed critters.

thanks, think I will go with one of those puppys:D

A spring loaded bag will not work for lobsters over 3# or so.I also had the bag part slip off one on my buddies bag in ther keys with a full complement of bugs.He came up with the white PVC part still clipped to him but the bag was missing....Ouch.

The coolest one I have seen was made, not purchased. A guy I saw on a boat here in California at the start of teh season made his own really reliable and easy bag with the top portion of a 5 gal. paint bucket. He cut the top portion off of the bucket, just below the series of rings. He then cut and "X" in the plastic lid. He stitched a mesh bag to that ring and added a clip and removed the wire handle. Thus all he had to do was grab the bug and push it through the "X" opening. No messing with getting a bag open, the bug crawling out as you try to get the bag closed etc. Just push and move on. The plastic lid is thick enough that the lobster can't exert enough pressure to push the opening open.

Back
Top Bottom