Which one Bare XCD2 Tech or DUI CF200X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a good looking suit with some interesting ideas. Half neo half lam... Hummmmm?

One difference: ZipSeals, a zipper-type closure (like a ZipLoc bag on steroids) for neck and wrist seals, which allows you to replace torn wrist or neck seals in minutes. It also allows you to easy add dry gloves with the same zip system. ZipSeals and ZipGloves are available options on DUI suits. You can also get a neoprene neck seal, something I prefer over latex neck seals. DUI is about to come out (sometime in the next few months) with a new compressed neoprene dry glove. I tried on a prototype at DUI Demo Days and this looks like the dry glove equivalent of sliced bread. The compressed neoprene is pretty close to indestructible (which I assume is why you are looking at a neoprene suit anyway), and it looks like it will provide very good dexterity as well. DUI had given the gloves to an instructor at the previous week's Demo Days and had him grabbing everything in sight in a zebra mussel-infested area and the gloves still looked perfect. DUI will also have some thin, but warm, glove liners. DUI is generally considered one of the highest-quality suits on the market, although Bare obviously has its fans. DUI is also known for great customer service. If you can get a deal on a DUI, I don't think you can go wrong.

Bad news, Good news....
I could not get fitted into a stock drysuit because of my body shape. This meant that I had to get one that made to order. Good news is that I got a great deal on a DUI cf200X signature series. Am told 6-8 weeks but more likely the 8 weeks.

I was supposed to get a new Rolling Tool Chest for Fathers day but asked my wife for the money instead to go towards the cost of my drysuit. Yesterday I put the money down for the drysuit and today we go out and she buys me the rolling tool chest anyway!!!

Am I a lucky man or what !!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom