Which Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ioncloud9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im currently looking at a Oceanic Alpha 10 with cPX first stage, a Delta 5 with ePX first stage, and a Hollis 100LX DC3 or 150LX DC7. I really havent read many reviews about the Oceanics but the words "simple" "dependable" "straightforward" get thrown around. Which ever one I go for I'll get the same brand Octo. Any one use any of these or have an opinion about which way I should lean?

"simple" and "straightforward" apple to basically all regulators on the market today becaus ethey stem from 2 basic designs of second stage, and about 3 for first stages.

with everything going on at AUP now as well as their history, I wouldn't choose either of them when there are other regs out there that I would choose long before I would choose anything from either of those brands. Where in SC are you? if you are near greenville, I'd be more than happy to show you several different regs in person and go thru the run-down on some different options

I live in the Charleston area. However I was looking at another post and saw a reply you had made recommending the Deep 6 regulator package as a good starter regulator set. Was this what you were going to recommend me?

I live in the Charleston area. However I was looking at another post and saw a reply you had made recommending the Deep 6 regulator package as a good starter regulator set. Was this what you were going to recommend me?

not necessarily, but it is certainly one of the best value regulators on the market and a massive step up from the regulators you have indicated above. PM me if you want to discuss any more in depth

deep 6 is a good choice if you don't mind mailing them back for service or learning how to service them yourself. if you want to stick to the major brands that are easier to get serviced at a LDS, NESS has the aqualung titan classic.

Aqua Lung Titan Classic Reg - Closeout

Nice post, that is a very good buy on a very good reg that can be serviced world wide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom