which resort is best in Egypt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scooby37

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

im looking to travel to Egypt this year but unsure of where to go. i have only been once to Hurghada and whilst the hotel and beach was fantastic,there was no reefs to snorkel from the beach. im looking for a all inclusive hotel with a private beach and good snorkelling from the beach, I'm also planning to dive so any advice on good sites would be great. which resort would you recommend Sharm, Dahab or Marsa Alam?

thanks for your advice

Hello,

im looking to travel to Egypt this year but unsure of where to go. i have only been once to Hurghada and whilst the hotel and beach was fantastic,there was no reefs to snorkel from the beach. im looking for a all inclusive hotel with a private beach and good snorkelling from the beach, I'm also planning to dive so any advice on good sites would be great. which resort would you recommend Sharm, Dahab or Marsa Alam?

thanks for your advice

You should ask this on the UK based "The Dive Forum" as the people there will have dived everywhere you might go.

I was on a course at Marsa Shagram (fly into Marsa Alam) in January and it has shore diving, RIBs to off shore sites and a reef right there for snorkelling. Oonas Divers do trips there at a reasonable cost.

We are going back for the 6th time to Sharm. We have stopped at reef oasis blue bay twice, sensatori twice, club magic life and barons resort.
Reef oasis blue bay is a good hotel on far garden which is a very good house reef with a short jetty. The in house dive op are very good and as well as padi do bsac and tech courses. We have done the house reef loads of times so we are going back to our second choice sensatori at the end of April. Sensatori is based on ras ghamila which is a very easy pretty reef which is the last decent reef before the straights of teran. It is next to the better known ras nasrani also a lovely reef.
The jetty at sensatori is a lot longer and a bit bouncy at times therefore I get the guides to carry my wifes kit to the end. They have a rib here and you can be on any of the four great reefs at teran in around ten minutes.
I noticed you are from the u.k. and sensatori is more geared up for the british tourist and has some half decent evening entertainment which is unusual for sharm.
If you come out the last two weeks in April give me a shout and will be happy to meet up. We are only down the road from you in Walsall.
After this visit we will be off to Mexico next. Kind regards Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom