Which skin for Galapagos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jungho Kim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be going back to Galapagos in late July 2014. During this time the water temp is a lot cooler compared to late May which was my last trip to the Galapagos. I will also be doing more diving up here in the North (Tobermory, St. Lawrence & British Columbia) so I am finally going to buy a drysuit. I have decided on the Fusion but the question is now which skin - Tech or Bullet? I think the deciding factor for me is the Galapagos trip where you will be holding onto sharp barnacle covered rocks in strong current. Is the Tech durable enough or should I go with the Bullet? I kind of like the lighter weight of the Tech skin.

thanks,

JK

I will be going back to Galapagos in late July 2014. During this time the water temp is a lot cooler compared to late May which was my last trip to the Galapagos. I will also be doing more diving up here in the North (Tobermory, St. Lawrence & British Columbia) so I am finally going to buy a drysuit. I have decided on the Fusion but the question is now which skin - Tech or Bullet? I think the deciding factor for me is the Galapagos trip where you will be holding onto sharp barnacle covered rocks in strong current. Is the Tech durable enough or should I go with the Bullet? I kind of like the lighter weight of the Tech skin.

thanks,

JK

Hi There,

The Tech skin is more than durable enough and also has the benefit of being lighter weight for travel, and has allot more flexibility than the Bullet.

The secret behind the Fusion durability is the "shearing" effect of the independent outer skin and inner DryCORE. When you rub up against something it is really difficult to damage the suit because the skin slides freely along the inner core.

Cheers,

Justin

I heartily agree, and in fact, even the Sport skin works, if you either don't want pockets or are willing to wear something like X-shorts. I've had Fusions for five years now, and they are incredibly hard to hurt -- and I cave dive, which often involves crawling in and out of places over broken rocks or splintery wood stairs.

Back
Top Bottom