Which Software for AVCHD Editing, Color Correction and Authoring to Disc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Offroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for an all in one solution to edit Panasonic AVCHD underwater video files and still images and author to DVD/Blu-Ray Disc.

Editing requirements:
Clip and Joining of native MTS files without audio sync issues
Color correction tools available (autolevel, saturation, white balance etc.)
Slide shows from externally edited .jpg image files (these will already be color corrected)
Ability to add music while keeping original audio in place.

Menu/Authoring requirements:
Menu creation preferably with video preview on the thumbnails on the main menu
Output AVCHD video 720p and 1080P to DVD (DVD/BR Disc)

High quality output without too steep of a learning curve (some level of Wizards or easy to follow menu's to get started)
I don't mind paying a bit for a great, easy to use solution.

There are so many offerings from Pinnacle, Sony etc. I'm not sure which one would best suit my needs.
Will any of these avoid re-encoding if only cut and join editing (no color correction) is used?

Thanks for all advice

Some of the options you are looking for are going to require more of a "professional level" application. I personally use Adobe Premier CS6. If you own the suite or are knowledgeable enough to obtain the software online, it will automatically be the suite in this case it will also come with software to allow you to burn your movie to disc.

Another applications would be Sony Vegas, however keep in mind most of these applications will have somewhat of a learning curve behind them. I would suggest doing some reading on them to familiarize yourself with all of the capabilities of these applications. Once you have adequately learned them, you will never go back to anything else.

I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum version 10 and it does just about everything I want it to do (except read M2V files... which it can create). As was suggested, download the trial version of 12 and see for yourself.

AVCHD has two version normal and progressive
Very decent editor can handle standard AVCHD just fine
For progressive you can extract the streams and compile a normal mp4 file that almost any editor can handle as well
AVCHD is just a container there are no differences in the actual streams to a normal h264 encoded file

Sony Movie Studio Platinum does everything I need regarding editing and was fairly easy to learn.
Still need to learn DVD architect for authoring, but I have authored my latest project with a freeware program called multiAVCHD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom