Which spring straps do you use??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the XS Scuba spring straps on my Turtles. I do wish they had a pull tab. My Dive Rite fins come with built-in spring straps that have a pull tab and I really like it.

Very helpful posts. Thanks. Are the spring-straps.com from Wayward Son (by the way great member profile photo)? I am looking at a jetfin on ebay that has a "generic" straps, but I think that it is the all SS strap.

Does anybody like the Scubapro SS straps?

How much are the Halcyon SS straps? I looked on the website...what is the spring wrapped in... fabric? split plastic tubing?

Richard

Not sure if Wayward Son is spring-straps.com or not.

My springs are from spring-straps.com and they are nice quality. Spring is covered with a piece of clear tubing. These also have cave line run through them.

Like most all Halcyon gear, their spring straps are very nice. They are covered in nylon fabric tubing.

The scubapro ones are nice but bloody expensive. About $130-140 CDN. The Halcyon's were about $89 for almost exactly the same thing. If I was doing it again I would give my boot size and fin type and size to Wayward Son here on the board to make some for me. Trouble is the damn things don't seem to ever wear out....

If you decide on the XS Scuba straps, you can mail order them here for the lowly price of $45. (Or ask ScubaToys to match it. :wink:)

Peter_C:
I have the same kind of straps as these, but under a different brand name that I've never been able to find again. And I got it for 40 bucks.

While I do love them over my buckles that were a total pain in the neck to put on and take off, the only problem that I have with my straps is that I really have to pull to put them on and take them off. I have the loop, but it's still annoying how much I have to pull. So, I'm a wee bit surprised about that.

I've been considering changing to xs universal spring fin straps or some other straps along the same variation....but truthfully, I feel silly about changing from one spring straps to another. So, eh. The problem could be just be me.

Anyway, YMMV.

Unfortunately, i can't get the pull tab covers for a reasonable price. I can get them, but they cost too much for me to be able to use them. By the time I buy them & simply pass the cost on, it'd be cheaper to just buy some that come with them.

Solid tubing I can do. Thin nylon tubing I'm willing to do but am still looking for a source of the stuff. For pull tabs I have to direct you to commercial offerings.

I have not used the XS Scuba springs but I have looked at them. They appear to be well made & a good value.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom