Which wide-angle lens for HD Camcorder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Folks - need some buying advice. I am a proud owner of Sanyo Xacti HD 1010 in an aluminium housing from Patima. After 30+ dives, I love this set and want to buy a wide-angle lens now. The port is standard 67 mm - so, in theory, there is a vast choice of WA-lens on the market (Inon, Epoqe, Ikelite, etc...) However I heard that those normal photo-wide-angle lens will produce bad results if used on HD-video camcorder, due to some kind of vignetting / unsharp borders. I also heard there are some "HD-ready" wide-angle lens as well but cannot find anything - has anyone been through these experiences and could give me a tip what brand to buy (would be great if available in Europe)?

Many thanks for any advice!
Pschemek

I have the same setup Zacti 1010 + Patima housing. I am using Ikelite W-20 wide angle lens. It has 67 mm thread. Also I am using this lens with camcorder above the water. In this case you have to use a couple threaded rings. Let me know if you are interested in details I will send you full spec.

Thanks! I got the same lens for UW in the meantime but I had no clue you can use it above water too - yes, I'd be very much interested in the specs / your set up how to make it work.
Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom