Which Wing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigtapakah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking to purchase a full set up of gear from DSS in the very near future. I have pretty much decided on the large SS back plate and regular hog harness. Im 6'3 and 290 lbs so i know i need the larger plate and having too much negative ballast isnt an issue for me. I have tanks and hardware to have a set of al100 doubles, and i also like to dive with single tanks, steel 130 and 120's. Do you carry a wing which would work with the large single tanks and with the double tanks?

I am looking to purchase a full set up of gear from DSS in the very near future. I have pretty much decided on the large SS back plate and regular hog harness. Im 6'3 and 290 lbs so i know i need the larger plate and having too much negative ballast isnt an issue for me. I have tanks and hardware to have a set of al100 doubles, and i also like to dive with single tanks, steel 130 and 120's. Do you carry a wing which would work with the large single tanks and with the double tanks?

We do not offer a "dual purpose" singles + doubles wing. The two applications require both different lift capacities, but also different shape wings.

To make a recommendation I do need to know how buoyant your most buoyant exposure suit is.

Tobin

I use a 7 mill wet suit,

I use a 7 mill wet suit,

Wetsuits and (negative) steel doubles in the ocean are not a good combo. You can end up so negative that any buoyancy failure is a big problem.

7mil + singles, ok, and I'd suggest a 35 or 40 lbs wing as you will need substantial ballast.

If you want to dive dubs in the ocean in a wetsuit I'd suggest doubling up some al 80's. You *might* be ok with your al 100's but I'd need to know about how much ballast you use now with a given tank, given BC and your 7mil suit.

Tobin

I currently use 30 lbs of weight, on a back inflate bcd. all my weight is currently on a belt. I use a steel 120 tank

I currently use 30 lbs of weight, on a back inflate bcd. all my weight is currently on a belt. I use a steel 120 tank

There are several steel 120's. Some are very negative, some less so. You are local to me. Any chance you can call and we can run through your options?

626-799-5078. I'm around most days 9-5.

Tobin

Wow, you guys are fast. I ordered and paid for it one day. Had the goods sitting on my door step the very next day, and thats not even paying for overnight shipping. Tobin, you were most helpful on the phone when going through my options and reasons for each recommendation. You guys rock. Cant wait to get my gear wet!!

And what is the braided nylon line for?

The #24 line is provided to tie on bolt snaps to your spg , primary reg, back up lights etc. It's not really part of the harness, we just include it as a convenience.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom