Whiffin Spit (Sooke) photos/report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where are some good places to launch from in east sooke, I live pretty close to silver spray.
Have you tried from the beach at the end of the road? im pretty new to diving so any information would be amazing.

The "beach" at the end of the road (if you're talking about East Sooke Road) is made up of cliffs that drop straight down into the water. There is a small pebble beach nearby (described as "Giant Kelp Beach" on my site), but you can't get a car very close to the water. You might be able to lauch kayaks there on a calm day. The closest launch I know of is a free public launch in Anderson Cove along East Sooke Road. At low tide, the ramp ends in a plain of drying mud. I usually launch at the Cheannu Marina in Becher Bay. It has a good wide ramp with docks on each side, the locals are friendly, it's not crazy-busy and it's good for the sites around Becher Bay. I think they charge $8 for launching a regular boat and trailer, but with my zodiac on the roof of my car, they charge $4. There's also another marina (Pacific Lions) closer to East Sooke Park in Becher Bay. It's only open May-Sept. and I haven't tried it. So far in this whole area, my biggest hassle has been anchoring or tying up close to the rocky shore since it's exposed and even on a calm day, there's enough of a small swell to bang my boat up against the rocks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom