white balance set manually on land???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hilk

Registered
Reaction score
hi to the expert :
im only new to this filming thing,and need to know which white balance settings do i change and to what ?
is there a way to do it out of the water before you put camera into the housing to manually set the white balance????
:wink: :wink:

I think ideally you would set it underwater. White-balance depends on depth, lighting, visibility and shooting distance (there are probably others).

I take uw. photography (so this might not really apply to you), but I have to reset the white balance manually between every 5-10 pictures.

Gotta set it at 20' or so. Turning the camera on automatically sets it while on the surface.

Pretty tough to help you without knowing what camera you have. Outdoor mode works pretty decent. The Sony's do WB when you turn them on so pointing them at the white sandy bottom or a slate after turning them on helps.

larsdennert:
Pretty tough to help you without knowing what camera you have. Outdoor mode works pretty decent. The Sony's do WB when you turn them on so pointing them at the white sandy bottom or a slate after turning them on helps.

hi.. i'm using sony TRV 33E, mini video cam , the white balance setting only have 3 function. out door, indoor and hold.
:D

hold function, but too bad my TRV 33 E is a touch screen function. to set white balamce under water i nee to touch screen > menu> white balamce setting> hold.
i don have this puch button on housing.
so i have problem on setting white balance under water..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom