White balancing/color correction problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See, the result u got is actually good. I can't even get near that using a pc. Is there nobody out there that has any pc experience?

I use a pc. It's cheaper and the software is cheaper... It's simpler... I have used a macbook air and played around with the mac stuff grading footage all depends on the program. Corel video studio X7 (8 is out now) works good for most things it's a pain with the contrast since it's in the menus not something to just click and adjust everything. Magic video studio 2015 is way better at grading footage.

The problem with the gopro is you might have parts were the white balance goes up and down and you have to adjust for each part can take allot of time if you left the camera in auto wb. If you set it and lock it you lose that problem since it won't go up and down like a wave.

I did all this with corel video studio x7 and I got magic after (much better) The filters in corel do allot of the work just turn down red and done.

[video=youtube_share;aEg_0WYezZQ]http://youtu.be/aEg_0WYezZQ?list=PLL1Z19_tHfOdVlyCM5_mSbi_Dwa4f2G8 k[/video]

I use a pc. It's cheaper and the software is cheaper... It's simpler... I have used a macbook air and played around with the mac stuff grading footage all depends on the program. Corel video studio X7 (8 is out now) works good for most things it's a pain with the contrast since it's in the menus not something to just click and adjust everything. Magic video studio 2015 is way better at grading footage.

The problem with the gopro is you might have parts were the white balance goes up and down and you have to adjust for each part can take allot of time if you left the camera in auto wb. If you set it and lock it you lose that problem since it won't go up and down like a wave.

I did all this with corel video studio x7 and I got magic after (much better) The filters in corel do allot of the work just turn down red and done.

[video=youtube_share;aEg_0WYezZQ]http://youtu.be/aEg_0WYezZQ?list=PLL1Z19_tHfOdVlyCM5_mSbi_Dwa4f2G8 k[/video]

Yep. That's the problem with auto WB which is why I avoided it with the GoPro.

How hard is it to understand? We used the same method using the same programs and his result was way better, hence my question, is pc rly that bad compared to macs?

Same software, same algorithms, same maths, nearly the same hardware and they'll produce exactly the same results.

Platform has absolutely no effect on this at all.

Same software, same algorithms, same maths, nearly the same hardware and they'll produce exactly the same results.

Platform has absolutely no effect on this at all.

Well it's just the operating system. Heck look up Hackintosh. You build a pc install mac onto it now you have a cheap mac pc with better hardware then you would have if you bought a mac at the start. OS has no bearing on editing heck I've had people that use mac only go wow that is so much faster then my computer wow that was quick to edit O it's a pc what the heck. Just pick the right software for the job. Magic is good for dive footage because all the color adjustments are right there corel it's more buried in they system so you apply a filter then tweek it for the footage. My sample footage was all done by corel when I took the same footage and played with magic video editor it came out way better. I also sharpen the heck out of it so it doesn't look blury.There is allot you can do with editing software if you play around. With underwater you have to tweak it to what you like. I also calibrate my moniters so the colors are all right so it makes it even better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom