White Point Sat. 11/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm going to try White Pt. again this Sat. if anyone is interested.

John

This might be a go for me..... Yea i know a shocker that i would drive down the PV :)

May be interested as well....will have to keep an eye on the conditions. Assuming the conditions are good all week, visibility should be decent....and assuming the surf is fairly minimal on Saturday, I'd be interested (but I must warn you, I suck at making the exit over a rocky terrain, so you'll probably get some decent laughs in!).

I *Might* be interested. I must admit I've really wanted to dive there again, but I REALLY didn't like the rocks. Wouldn't be that bad if teh darn rocks didn't extend so far and so shallow. I would love to dive with a buncha my favorite peeps so that's a plus! We shall see.

I won't commit for sure though as I'll likely also be trying out an entirely new setup next weekend and I'm not too sure how risky I wanna be with a first dive with new/used gear and weighting that's nothing more than an (un)educated guess lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

Im game, depending on time. :D Details on the site please?? Time ..etc..

Greg

Hi Guys,

High tide is going to be at 9:34 AM with a +7ft so it shouldn't be too hard getting in & out. I plan on being there at 7:30 AM. Sideways it's a rocky entry with boulders in your way as you try to float out but at H/T we might be able to avoid most of them. You park at the bottom to the left as far as you can go, gear up there then head to the cove to the left of that. Go to almost the middle of the cove & enter there. Head out to the left out pass the point about 50 yds in front of it & drop down there & after you drop the reef is to the left of there so if I remember correctly you should be heading dew East.

John

Here is a google maps of where it's located. You'll see a sign for White Point / Royal Palms and take a right to go into the park. You have to pay to park....I think it's $2 for the day if you get in there before 9am, and $6 if you get in there afterwards.

I've made one good dive and one bad visibility dive there....I'm pretty sure the exit will be much easier if it's closer to high tide than I've been able to make, but the important thing is that the surf is down. The bigger rocks aren't necessarily stable and tend to shift when you step on them....it's easy to lose your balance. The dive site is fairly shallow (at least in the area I've explored)....maybe 30 feet max, although I can't recall for sure.

... The bigger rocks aren't necessarily stable and tend to shift when you step on them....it's easy to lose your balance....

Yeah, that's the part I don't like...
Last time I dove there I had a good time but my bad knee hurt for weeks.

I will still stay on the fence on this one for now. Would LOVE to see you all but I'm leaning toward a nice safe site (read: boring lol) where I can test out the BP/W I just bought and try and get my gear/weighting settled.

We shall see...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom