White Point Sun 11/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Everyone!

It was great meeting y'all, I had a fun dive, and I look forward to meeting up with you again! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Michael

Well I got to dive White Pt. after all. When we got to Malaga it looked like chocolate milk so we headed down to WP & met up with the BC crowd. We had 2 great dives with good vis, I don't think it was quite 30 ft but that was going by Erika's measurements. :D It was nice to see everyone again maybe we can do Nicholas Cyn Sun.

John

I figured out this measurement because Jamie Had us stay on the bottom in 33ft of water and we could still see him at the surface.......

Once on the 405 Take Western Ave. Exit. And follow to the Ocean. Here is a Link
Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: White Point of California Mid, USA West about the site and here is a Map of the location
w paseo del mar and s western ave, los angeles, ca - Google Maps
To save about twenty minutes next time, take the 405 to the 110 south. At the end of the 110 take Gaffey Street south until it ends at Paseo del Mar. Turn right and White Point is 1 1/4 mile ahead. Beats driving all the way down Western Ave.

I figured out this measurement because Jamie Had us stay on the bottom in 33ft of water and we could still see him at the surface.......

Hi Sweetie,

Vertical vis & horizontal vis are two different things.

John

Hi Sweetie,

John

John. I've always wondered about this. What is the relationship between the two? With vertical viz I figure you are looking up into the light so it would be better than horizontal viz at depth where the light has been more removed. Is that right? Please someone who undertsands all this science stuff help explain it to me.

But at least Erika used some real basis for her estimate, most people just quess, sort of like "I think I can see 30 feet into the distance" Someday I need to take a long tape down with me and play around with it and my buddy.

Hi Sweetie,

John

Oh ok....... now i know

John. I've always wondered about this. What is the relationship between the two? With vertical viz I figure you are looking up into the light so it would be better than horizontal viz at depth where the light has been more removed. Is that right? Please someone who undertsands all this science stuff help explain it to me.

But at least Erika used some real basis for her estimate, most people just quess, sort of like "I think I can see 30 feet into the distance" Someday I need to take a long tape down with me and play around with it and my buddy.

Hehe...... good question....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom