White Sharks - Gaansbaai South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbloomer

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry this has taken so long but here are a couple of pictures I took at Gansbaai last month. These white sharks were between 3 and 4.5m long. I have loads more pics but these are some of the best.

Simon

Simon those are really nice pictures. That is my ultimate adventure to go to SA and dive with a great white.......Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Now were you in a cage??? seeing them must be really impressive.

Were you zooming, Or you were that close??
I saw many sharks in the Brothers Island in the Red Sea (Silky, White Tipe, Hammerheads, Gray reef). The silky were too close, It was wonderful but the others were passing in the blue.

Nice pictures,
I also suppose you where in a cage.

Knowing that there is either the white, the tiger or the bull shark I do not think I will dive in such water...without being either in a cage or with some weapons...
I was also at the Brother island in June and saw Silky, White Tipe, Hammerheads, Gray reef, Longimanus close enough to breath more than usual but it was OK. I really enjoyed and look forward to encounter othere sharks but not the really bad ones...

Here are some pictures. They are what they are they where taken from my boddy.

gehadoski:
Were you zooming, Or you were that close??
I saw many sharks in the Brothers Island in the Red Sea (Silky, White Tipe, Hammerheads, Gray reef). The silky were too close, It was wonderful but the others were passing in the blue.

Ummm, no zoom on this camera.... The one picture was taken before it stuck it's snout into the cage...

Nice pictures everyone.. some day... would love to see those black dead eyes up close.. till then the pics will have to do..

Azotomix:
Nice pictures,
I also suppose you where in a cage.

Indeed - silly thing to do otherwise. Interestingly, the week before I was there an abalone poacher was killed by a shark nearby.

I have seen white sharks when I have been spearfishing in False Bay near Cape Town. We've even been chased back into the boat when we were near Seal Island. Dead fish and whites are not a combo I'd rather not be in the water with.

scubaculture:
Great pics :)

What operator did you dive with if I may ask?

I went through Unrealdive (www.unrealdive.com). I can't remember the actual operator but it was the newly built Barracuda we went on. Very good bunch who aren't gung-ho like I believe some of the others are

Simon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom