Found SeaLife Camera in Palm Beach - Is it yours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CosbySweater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you recently lost a SeaLife Micro 3.0 diving in Palm Beach, I found it! Here’s the catch….you need to tell me when you lost it (month and approximate day, based on the last pictures taken on the camera) and approximately where you lost it….otherwise I have myself a new fully functioning underwater camera with a nice boom arm.

I’ve found a lot of things underwater. Knifes, lights, spears, lobster bags. This is certainly the best. I’ve also lost a lot of things. I’ve gotten many of those lost items back because I put my name on every piece of gear that can get lost. Everyone reading this should do the same. This is a long shot, but if it’s your camera, I’d love to give it back to you to pay it forward to all the nice people who have returned things that I’ve lost. If not, I’ll be sure to post some pics of all my underwater happenings in the coming weeks and months.

I’ve gotten many of those lost items back because I put my name on every piece of gear that can get lost.
It's the cheapest equipment insurance a diver can buy & great advice.
Hoping the owner is found, but there's gonna be some good dive karma coming your way for trying to return it !!

I ordered these recently after asking somebody else about their stickers.
For about $25 you get a bunch of labels. Not speedy. The labels are made overseas, shipped to CA, then sent out from there. I think it took about 3 weeks to get mine. So far no problems with them.

Those are tough little cameras. My wife lost one getting into a RIB in Curacao. We went back two days later on a long shot chance of finding it. Three of us fanned out at different depths on the reef and actually found the dang thing in about 10 minutes in 35 feet of water! Still had a charge in the camera and the light. My wife powered it up and took photos the rest of the dive. LOL.

Those are tough little cameras. My wife lost one getting into a RIB in Curacao. We went back two days later on a long shot chance of finding it. Three of us fanned out at different depths on the reef and actually found the dang thing in about 10 minutes in 35 feet of water! Still had a charge in the camera and the light. My wife powered it up and took photos the rest of the dive. LOL.

I can’t deny that they are tough. This thing had been on the bottom in 70+ feet of water for several months and had crust growing all over it. I pressed the power button at my safety stop and to my surprise the thing turned on! It had a full battery also! I snapped a few pics in celebration and then brought it home and cleaned it up. It works as intended. All it needs now is a battery charger.

I ordered these recently after asking somebody else about their stickers.
For about $25 you get a bunch of labels. Not speedy. The labels are made overseas, shipped to CA, then sent out from there. I think it took about 3 weeks to get mine. So far no problems with them.

I’ve got stickers like this on everything I dive with. About the only thing without a sticker are the things I’m wearing such as wetsuit, hood, gloves, etc. Everything else has a sticker on it. I think all of us have found multiple items underwater we would be happy to get back to the owner if we only knew who they were, and how to get a hold of them.

Diving in Indonesia about 10 years ago, my wife lost a borrowed camera underwater. Upon surfacing, in the tender, we looked for about 30 minutes or so and finally gave up. Later that night, on the live aboard, someone saw the camera on the surface. It had managed to float back to the boat.

The SeaLife Micro 3.0 has some neat features, one of which its complete seal. It has to be hooked up dry to charge its long lasting battery, the only time it’s not completely waterproof. Another is its programming to cut off and go into deep sleep mode after a few minutes of being unused. And fully charged battery will last many months until the camera is turned back on.

I like the suggestion I saw here here earlier on this thread. Another member said that they took a sharp photo of identifying information as the first frame on their memory. Then, if it is found, the new finder can contact them easily. This would work for any camera but these little units are so solidly built, the likely result will be return of a lost camera.

Froggie 🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom