Whites/Aqualung MK2 vs Thermal fusion worth the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KlixTrio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Cant find a post comparing the two, please send me a link if there is one.

Right now I have whites fusion with the MK2 undergarments. The undergarments dont really fit, pretty baggy on the torso beacuse the previous owner had it custom made. Underneath that I have a tight sweat absorbing long sleeve shirt and sweatpants. Anyways I just got back from the lake where water temp was about 50f. My dry gloves kept the hands warm, wool socks feet felt great, but overall I felt pretty cold, especially after only a few minutes.

Im wondering if getting a proper fitting thermal fusion would be the hefty price tag, or rather just buy another proper fitting MK2 for much cheaper? Thanks!

have you tried getting a wicking layer like underarmour cold gear instead of the sweatshirt/sweatpants? i use a glacier mk0 but that is on the spendy side

another option is to get like a 200g fleece layer to sandwich in between the wicking layer and the mk2.

if you replace the mk2, look at a weezle extreme for a cheaper option since the gbp is going lower again

I have found that a lot of heat loss happens through the thin insulation around the neck seal. I wear a cylindrical one peace scarf around my neck and this makes a massive differnce IMO.

Back
Top Bottom