Whites Fusion DrySuit suitable for Cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted to find out if anyone has had any experience using the Whites Fusion DrySuit Whites Diving | Fusion Dive Suit in the Cave environment?

I think they have a TechSkin which is 1mm neoprene, sounds more robust than the SportsSkin.

Also what type of thermals would be suitable for N.Florida caves?

Any pros & cons?

Regards,

G.

I'm not sure if the Tech skin is available yet, but DiveJedi would know.

I'll tell you how my Fusion works when I get home from Florida on March 7th, because it's going to spend a week in the caves. I'm going to use the same undergarment with it that I used with my trilam suit, which is a 200g Thinsulate jumpsuit. I was really comfortable in that in December.

there was someone diving one at ginnie on saturday
weird looking suit :D

I'm not sure if the Tech skin is available yet, but DiveJedi would know.

I'll tell you how my Fusion works when I get home from Florida on March 7th, because it's going to spend a week in the caves. I'm going to use the same undergarment with it that I used with my trilam suit, which is a 200g Thinsulate jumpsuit. I was really comfortable in that in December.

What are you using for pockets?

There is cave diving and there is cave diving. I know someone who has one of these suits and I believe it was back with the manufacturer after a few dives. Of course this gentleman does sidemount diving.....

I saw the suits at DEMA and was intrigued, they seemed more tear resistant than they looked.

Lynne, I am interested to see how you like that suit and how the 'bib' works out. It seemed like it would create resistance in the water.

Meng-Tze, when I dove the suit, the "bib" actually seemed to lie pretty flat on my chest, and I didn't notice any resistance.

As a completely different note, ScubaG, that's a nice photo from the Keys Boogie.

All the best, James

Lynne wrote
the "bib" actually seemed to lie pretty flat on my chest
Hmmm, one of the things I noticed about her the very first time we met was that NOTHING would lie "pretty flat" on her chest!
0b9078e0.jpg

Lynne wrote Hmmm, one of the things I noticed about her the very first time we met was that NOTHING would lie "pretty flat" on her chest!

coke.gif

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom