Whites Fusion DrySuit suitable for Cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[Response to the side Note, nothing to do with the topic of the Thread, please ignore]
Yes, you are correct James, that was taken at the Keys Boogie in Marathon '06. I see from your pic, you are a fellow jumper as well. Do you still jump ?

I think it is a little difficult keeping up with both or in the words of a wise-man, its like choosing between a beautiful wife and a sexy mistress, just don't have enough time or money to keep them both happy!

As a completely different note, ScubaG, that's a nice photo from the Keys Boogie.

All the best, James

Lynne wrote Hmmm, one of the things I noticed about her the very first time we met was that NOTHING would lie "pretty flat" on her chest!
0b9078e0.jpg
ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?

That is RAD.

As much as I hate to bring these pictures up again, I did promise to write about the Fusion in the caves.

We spent six days cave diving in Florida. Four days were in moderately high flow, which involved pull and glide and some cave contact. Some of the exits also involved some scooting and crawling (Catfish Sink at Manatee, for example).

First off, I love my suit. The comfort and mobility is superb. Then, as a lovely plus, the first dive I did with Dive-aholic, he turns to me at the end and says, "Wow, I don't know if it's that suit, but your trim is a hundred percent better than it was in December!" Now, I didn't magically get the secret to trim in the last three months. It's the suit.

Also, it's much easier to adopt "unusual attitudes" in this suit, because you don't get all the air rushing into your legs and ballooning them up. I suppose if you have a custom cave-cut suit, this doesn't happen, but in my Mobby's it sure did.

The downside? There is definitely wear and pilling on the Lycra. It's not where I would have contacted the cave while pulling or crawling and diving; mostly, it's in places like the upper back calf, which I'm sure are related to the abrasion encountered during entries and exits. The fabric isn't worn through or anything, but given that we did 12 cave dives during that time, I suspect that the suit of someone who lived there and dove those places all the time would wear out fairly quickly.

I would assume the tech skin is significantly more durable under abrasion stress, and that's what I think one needs for cave diving in the Fusion.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom