Whites Fusion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys.... My hubby has had a Whites drysuit for years. I'm looking at the Fusion for myself, so I've got a few questions. As a female diving in the cold waters of coastal British Columbia, I GET COLD! Since the undergarments for this suit are cut for men, they don't fit my curves and long legs. Any ideas??

Hey Ladybear--

I recommend Weezle Extreme plus the Weezle socks. This is a very light setup and compresses better than any other undergarment I know of (good packability if you travel). The result is mobility equal to wearing nothing. It also means that if it is a little to big in one area but about right in others the bunching where it's too big won't be an irritant. The Weezle Extreme is very warm if you leave a little air in the dry suit for the loft to work properly--you can maintain some squeeze so long as you don't purge the drysuit until no more bubbles come out. If you purge all the air out, then the Weezle loft is all gone. This is not good because all the insulating value comes from the loft (unlike suits like the Mk 2 or 3 which are heavier and more restrictive but not as compressible).

If you are not too far north in B.C. you might make a trip down our ways some time and could buy a Weezle from Hood Sport 'N Dive (Hood Sport 'n Dive in Hoodsport, Washington) in Hoodsport, WA. They are a Whites dealer and service facility as well.

Take care,

Pete

Thanks for the info, gang. I dive in BC, but live on the other side of the Rockies, in Edmonton, AB. Unfortunately, having to work for a living and for diving, doesn't leave me much time to get down to Washington or Illinois! Gotta love the internet, it makes ordering stuff so much easier.

AS I have posted in several other threads, I love my fusion drysuit. I like it more with each dive. There is this one small thing and that is the pilling where my cordura knife sheath rides. Perhaps I am causing this problem although I don't know how. It makes me wonder if it will work a hole in the skin over time. To a lessor degree the same thing is happening on the right side as well .

Opinions?

Forgot to mention I only have around 25 dives with this skin.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 132
AS I have posted in several other threads, I love my fusion drysuit. I like it more with each dive. There is this one small thing and that is the pilling where my cordura knife sheath rides. Perhaps I am causing this problem although I don't know how. It makes me wonder if it will work a hole in the skin over time. To a lessor degree the same thing is happening on the right side as well .

In my experience cordura harness material does this to everything it touches. I put foam shoulder pads on my harness, which helps that area. My suggestion to you is to get an additional shoulder harness, cut it down and put appropriate holes in it, and then aquaseal your cordura sheath inside it.

My suggestion to you is to get an additional shoulder harness, cut it down and put appropriate holes in it, and then aquaseal your cordura sheath inside it.
I can't follow what you are saying here, but it sounds interesting....

I can't follow what you are saying here, but it sounds interesting....

Sorry, shoulder pad rather than harness...

Various vendors (OMS, Apeks, Oxycheq) sell foam shoulder pads that you put on hogarthian harnesses. Basically, its like a thin foam tube you put the harness webbing through, and it feels more comfortable and doesn't pill your exposure suit. You can see some on wreckdiverssupply.com, they sell of-brand ones. The OMS ones are available through leisure pro, scuba.com, etc.

My suggestion is to take one of those, cut it down to the right size and shape (and cut slots in the back so the harness webbing can still lock on), and aquaseal the knife sheath inside it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom