White's Fusion Skins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
For those who bought a Fusion with the tech skin, was the sport skin included? Wife is interested in getting the suit with the tech skin, but wondering if it's worth also picking up the sport skin (or if it's already included). Thanks!

I got mine with just the tech skin.. Owning and switching out multiple skins seems like it would be a hassle, and I can't think of a reason why I'd want to.

There was a special deal going on a few weeks back. Due to the delay in getting Tech skins to customers, Whites was offering Sports skins for immediate delivery, then the Tech skin would follow. So, a bit of 2 for 1 skins deal. Not sure if this was a one off deal or is still current.

The limited skin also has two pockets installed on it.

I am thinking of buying the suit, but I am undecided about which skin to get. I am leaning toward the sport skin because 1) it's cheaper and, 2) it's what I dived with at the demo I went.

The shop I'm thinking of buying from is trying to convince me to go for the tech skin but I am not sure if and why I should go for it. I read that the tech skin is a combination of lycra and neoprene, and I am concerned that it may feel, fit different than the one I tried.

If your not looking for pockets, stay with the sport skin. If you want pockets, bypass the tech skin and go to the limited edition.

If you need thicker kneepads go with the LE as its 2mm neoprene in the knees, the other 2 just have a print for knees.

Tech Skin has stretch panels for mobility made of lycra, LE is stretchier and more resilient so less pocket sag and it holds the suit tighter to your body, but you dont know due to the stretch....LE is the most comfortable in my opinion after extensive dives in all of them.

If your looking to save money though, and dont care about some of the above, stay with the sport. This suit makes all other drysuits outdated, so you cant pick a bad Fusion :wink:

Hope that helps....dont forget accessories like patch kit...not that it tears easy, but who doesnt want a patch kit just in case...its cheap and heat activated so your not without your suit for more than an hour if you somehow get a hole....best $34 alot of customers have spent(people on their knees, urchins, battered shore entries/exits, etc)

The limited skin also has two pockets installed on it.

You can have pockets as an option on the regular tech skin as well :wink: Just not the sport skin

If your not looking for pockets, stay with the sport skin. If you want pockets, bypass the tech skin and go to the limited edition.

Thank you for all the info.

I've read somewhere here that the LE skin takes a lot longer than the Tech skin to dry. Is this true?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom