White's suit comparisons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fastro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice from all of the Whites owners out there. I was certified in a DUI and have a few dives in a 350. I have a chance now to buy either a demo Fusion Tech with 10 dives on it or a Catalyst Classic with 20 dives on it from a friend. The Catalyst is a pretty good deal costwise but I would be interested in what people think of both suits and their experiences. I have seen a lot on the Fusion and will dive it this weekend but I haven't seen much on the Catalyst. I would appreciate any help or insight!

Dan

So some quick questions come to mind that I would use to narrow down my choices:

First, if you are going to commit to spending the dollars on a drysuit, choose carefully between DUI and Whites. Think about dealer support, which lines are carried by your LDS, and warranties. DUI's warranty simply cannot be beat. I am local to White's Manufacturing, and have a hard time getting decent customer service from them despite the fact that I actively teach in their drysuit.

If you have your heart set on a Whites in order to save money, what kind of diving do you intend to do in this suit? The Fusion packs up super small for travel, the Catalyst not so much. If your kind of diving needs real pockets, you may want the styles that are available on the Catalyst.

Just my two cents.

So some quick questions come to mind that I would use to narrow down my choices:

First, if you are going to commit to spending the dollars on a drysuit, choose carefully between DUI and Whites. Think about dealer support, which lines are carried by your LDS, and warranties. DUI's warranty simply cannot be beat. I am local to White's Manufacturing, and have a hard time getting decent customer service from them despite the fact that I actively teach in their drysuit.

If you have your heart set on a Whites in order to save money, what kind of diving do you intend to do in this suit? The Fusion packs up super small for travel, the Catalyst not so much. If your kind of diving needs real pockets, you may want the styles that are available on the Catalyst.

Just my two cents.

I agree, get the Fusion.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom