Whites Thermal Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hiding pennies under the couch. Can anyone compare Hollis AUG200 to this?

Jax, bless her heart, sent me hers to dive for a few days. All I can say is I want one.

For a little more info, I dove it for three days. I dove one day with a class, where I spent a TON of time in the water, not all of it submerged, and I was never cold. I did another day of diving where I was freaking WET, and I thought it performed as well or better than anything else I'd worn that was wet. And I had one lovely day of real diving (two dives) where I was very comfortable the whole time. AND it's clear that it takes less weight than my Halo or MK3, and it's less bulky, so mobility is better. It's like the Fusion dry suit, a little bit more of a pain to put on, but worth it.

That about says it. I love it. It is warm. But, like the Fusion, it is a pain to put on.

I used a very light slick thermal bottoms the other day and it made a big difference getting
It on.

I should be getting mine in next week. I wear UA compression underneath, so should slide on pretty easy.

---------- Post added April 28th, 2012 at 09:59 PM ----------

The guys at Whites told me I could drop 5pds of weight switching to the Thermal Fusion. Fact or Fiction?

Got my Thermal Fusion in today. I like it. Has that nice fit like my Fusion dry suit. Only thing I dont like about the undergarment, is the leg loops. The are kinda thick, with a fabric sew line right in the middle, and feel uncomfortable with street shoes or slippers on. The nice flat elastic of the MK3 was better.

I didn't do a formal weight check while I used Jax's, but it was my subjective impression that I could shed somewhere in the neighborhood of four pounds or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom