Whitestar Quarry - May 19 - 21st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello there.

I'll be down at Whitestar this weekend with my local club. Brett / Compression Nut, too. A few of us will arrive Friday night and are sure to have a campfire going. Diving Saturday and Sunday with a major potluck dinner at the campground Saturday night. The club typically provides the main course with everyone else bringing salads, sides or desserts.

If anyone is interested or already plans to be there look for us. We'll have the Ford Sea Lancer's banner up. Or at the campground look for my red Ford Escape.

Paula

I was thinking of going diving at Whitestar Sunday, and it would be neat to finally meet a few of the personalities on this board, except for two small problems.

1. My wife is taking my Avalanche this weekend because she can't fit four people in her 2003 T-Bird. You ever try to put dive gear in a T-bird, hell I don't even fit in it.

2. I just realized that I have a cold, the loosy weather breaks and I have a bad sniffle and cough. Well at least it waited until I got back from diving in Key Largo.

If the cold clears up, maybe I'll be there on Sunday, if not I'll probably do yard work. YUCK!

Hi Bob.

There should be a few divers on Sunday. The club's board meeting was at my house tonight. The last count I recall was about 30 divers on Saturday and 10 or so on Sunday. Not sure how many will be staying for dinner at the campground on Saturday just know Rex has chili and chicken planned.

Paula

does any one know what the current water temp is like. I am looking to go there first weekend in June if conditions are right.

We were there May 13 and I had 54 degrees to the first thermocline and 48 below it.
Ber :lilbunny:

It broke 50 this weekend at depth :)

At least that seemed to be the average of everyone I talked with.

15 minutes from someplace to dive, even if its just a quary must have been nice. I just figured out what it costs me to go diving at Whitestar with gas at $2.70 a gallon. Talk about sticker shock. Round trip with I-280 closed is about 140 miles, and I'm closer than most of my dive buddies.

Maybe there is something to be said for a high mileage car rather than an Avalanche. Of course I can also take four divers pretty comfortably, try that in an econobox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom