Who dives Sea Elite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bmcalli

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a complete set of gear and while shopping at Divers Supply I came across the Sea Elite name. Apparently, only Diver Supply deals this stuff. I like the prices but hows the quality and realibility? I have never seen anyone dive this stuff. The guys in teh store recommended the gear but they probably have some incentive to sell their stuff. I'm mostly concerned about the Tek X reg. It seems like a good deal at 299.95 (they claim that retail is 495.00 but if they are the only one that sells it then is there really a retail price?). Anyone have experince with it? I have narrowed my other options to Dacor Viper Metal America and the Mares Abyss MR22. I know there is another forum for Reg questions but I put this post in the general equipment forum because I would like any thoughts on the company in general. Also I believe that diver's Supply only has stores in Fl, GA and NC. Would this make it difficult to get gear sold only by them serviced anywhere else
Thanks
Brad

the tech X is the same as the tech evo with a larger outlet
First stage is apeks second is the made by the same company as dive rite

the rebuild kits for the xr-3 ,xr4 and the evo second stages ,are the same as the dive rite

I had a xr-3 for about 75 dives max 171 fsw
now i use it for a deco bottle

i have about 50 dives on my xr-4 max 140 fsw

hope that helps

Dive safe

mark s

I've been diving one for a few years and am very pleased with it.

Bmcalli:
Would this make it difficult to get gear sold only by them serviced anywhere else
Thanks
Brad

Difficult to impossible... If someone walks in with a regulator that doesn't really have a manufacturer - how would I get parts?? Now there is always the chance the tech could recognize that it looks like an XYZ brand first stage so we can try their rebuild kit... etc.

That is why I intentionally have stayed away for private label branding of anything... We'll put our name on a bag or strap, but for BC's - I thought it was better to get Zeagle to custome make the BC I wanted - but leave the Zeagle name on it... not mine - or something I made up. And on regs - even more important.

What will the owners of regs do if the store goes out of business... It would be a lot like ownwing the brands like IDI that went belly up - and now you will soon run out of parts.

For that kind of money, I'd look toward brands that I can get serviced anywhere - not at one specific store.

I had a Sea Elite BC for about 15 years and it was a faded hunk of cloth when I retired it, but it was still functioning superbly. Based on that I would buy Sea Elite again if I saw something of theirs that I liked.

Bmcalli:
I'm looking to get a complete set of gear and while shopping at Divers Supply I came across the Sea Elite name. Apparently, only Diver Supply deals this stuff. I like the prices but hows the quality and realibility? I have never seen anyone dive this stuff. The guys in teh store recommended the gear but they probably have some incentive to sell their stuff. I'm mostly concerned about the Tek X reg. It seems like a good deal at 299.95 (they claim that retail is 495.00 but if they are the only one that sells it then is there really a retail price?). Anyone have experince with it? I have narrowed my other options to Dacor Viper Metal America and the Mares Abyss MR22. I know there is another forum for Reg questions but I put this post in the general equipment forum because I would like any thoughts on the company in general. Also I believe that diver's Supply only has stores in Fl, GA and NC. Would this make it difficult to get gear sold only by them serviced anywhere else
Thanks
Brad

I live in Northwest Atlanta. I just bought all of my gear and my wife's gear at Diver's Supply (5 minutes from my office). The workers in the store do not push or even recommend their "Sea Elite" brand. They had other packages (or custom made packages) that were fairly competative with the Sea Elite packages. I had one store employee tell me that she would never put me in a Sea Elite regulator (even though item for item the store makes more money). She then proceeded to sell me a Tusa RS-230 regulator (which is definitely not a high end regulator, although it seems to breathe well). This store also did not stock alot of the Sea Elite equipment. I think they had some wetsuits, but I didn't see any BC's and don't remember about other equipment.

I have since bought tanks and various other "stuff" at the store and the manager knows me on a first name basis. My local store is great to work with and is much cheaper than many of the competing dive shops in the area (and we have alot). Unfortunately, they don't sell any of the higher end equipment such as scubapro, apeks, aqualung, etc.

Greg

Unfortunately, they don't sell any of the higher end equipment such as scubapro, apeks, aqualung,

Unfortunately, they don't sell any of the higher end equipment such as scubapro, apeks, aqualung,

next time look at the evo and tek x
and then hold a dive rite or apeks first stage next to it

dive Safe

mark s

I dove a Sea Elite reg and wasn't impressed with it at all. I would buy Oceanic before I would buy Sea Elite.
Scubatoys also has a very good point.

Sea Elite makes a good manifold; I don't know about any of their other gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom