Who makes custom neoprene drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Bare HD6 suits are regular uncompressed 6mm neoprene.

That said I love my BARE XCS2 compressed Neoprene suit. Lots more flex, more warmth and less squeeze than Trilam, but maybe not as much in that direction as you are looking for.

And you guys are sure you are talking about drysuits and not wetsuits?
I must be losing my mind. I could have sworn the post said wetsuits and not drysuits. Sorry!

I love my BARE XCS2 compressed Neoprene suit. Lots more flex, more warmth
Can you be more specific about how much warmer than trilam? I really interested in the XCS2 but I'm afraid I'll find it not significantly warmer than a shell suit. I'd like to use less of an undergarment with the XCS2 than trilam, but is that possible?

Can you be more specific about how much warmer than trilam? I really interested in the XCS2 but I'm afraid I'll find it not significantly warmer than a shell suit. I'd like to use less of an undergarment with the XCS2 than trilam, but is that possible?

I have an XCS2 Tech and a breathable trilam. The answer to your question is yes. You can use less undergarment with the XCS2. The question I cannot answer is how much less. I don't find it to be a huge difference, but there definitely IS a difference. For me, it would be something like no undies in the XCS2 versus a thin Merino wool layer in the trilam. Or, Merino base layer in the XCS2 versus Fourth Element Arctic leggings and shirt (no base layer) in the trilam. In the latter example, I am definitely not saying the two are identical setups for warmth. In that example, I think the trilam with Arctic would be a little warmer than XCS2 and Merino base layer. But, it's just what I have.

Similar to StuartV I think My XCS2 Tech is one thinish layer warmer than Trilam. I took off a layer of "Medium Weight" long underwear (Top and bottom) - probably similar in warmth to the thin Merino Wool layer he mentions.

I certainly didn't take off a thick layer of fleece.

What @Landau said.

And I should add, I would definitely prefer to wear my breathable trilam plus a base layer over my XCS2 with just boxers and a t-shirt, in pretty much any circumstances I can think of. The trilam is more comfy on the surface, lighter, dries faster, easier to get on, and, for me anyway, squeezes down in the water more, to hold less air, so it's slightly easier to dive.

I dove my trilam from a NC boat last September. It was something like 80 degree water and 80F air temp on the boat. I was comfy in my trilam between dives, as long as I stayed under the boat's awning and didn't hang out directly in the sun. No WAY I would have stayed in the XCS2 in those conditions. Even if it wasn't too warm on the surface, I'm pretty sure I would have been too damp from sweat after the 1st dive(in 80F water) to stay in it during the SI. The same trilam suit is also comfy in the local quarry, which is typically 38F on the bottom, when wearing my Arctic undies, dry gloves, and a good hood.

Back
Top Bottom