Who to dive with in NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not dive with Olympus again. They run a cattle boat, tried to hurry us in to the water (sorry but proper buddy checks take time) and their staff is rather snarkey. The topper was the air was shut off for the deco reg hanging from the trapeze. When I commented on it the DM said "Well it was freeflowing in the current". When I suggested he remove it from the water I just got a dumb look.

wedivebc:
I would not dive with Olympus again. They run a cattle boat, tried to hurry us in to the water (sorry but proper buddy checks take time) and their staff is rather snarkey. The topper was the air was shut off for the deco reg hanging from the trapeze. When I commented on it the DM said "Well it was freeflowing in the current". When I suggested he remove it from the water I just got a dumb look.

This hasn't been my experience with Olympus at all. While it's true they are a popular shop and their boats are often full, I'm not sure that makes it a "cattle boat". Their pre-dive briefings are the best I've experienced, and as for feeling rushed, I never got that at all.

wedivebc:

If you felt rushed its probably because you were taking too long. Olympus is a superb operation given the complexities of diving offshore NC. I have never had any trouble with them at all.

~Marlinspike

If Pat is your dive guide, Angela, then you couldn't have gotten a better one.

He might even teach you how to properly tuck a spiny lobster in your waist strap. :wink:

Wach out--I hear if you put them in your waist strap they'll pinch your nipples. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom