Who will be there in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back. We had an awesome week. We used Dive with Martin all week. My boys did their open water referral, the first two days, they had their own instructor and I dived from the same boat with a separate divemaster. Then from Tuesday to Friday we all dived together, with a night dive on Wednesday. A couple of boats only had a total of four divers so we felt we had great attention. Palancar Caves and Gardens were fantastic.
We saw sharks on the second day, a first for all three of us.
Columbia shallows was our favorite second dive, great coral formations and pretty shallow so we were able to stay down 66 minutes even with my eldest son's ability to devour air fast. Santa Rosa wall had a couple of tight swim throughs, which were a bit intimidating for the boys on their first week of diving, but they really enjoyed the week.
Our last day was interesting, we had a clearly stated dive plan of 80ft, max 90ft at Columbia Deep. Well, one guy went down to 150ft and another woman who went deep too, ran out of air and had a bit of a panic and a rapid ascent, with her husband trying to slow her and using the alternate air. Boy, was the divemaster pissed. He was stuck with one person ascending too fast and another way too deep. He read them the riot act back on the boat. My sons learnt some key lessons as a result, it was pretty instructional for them.

I'll be on the island from 4/21 to 4/30, diving with Blue Angel. I've dove with Blue Angel for over 120 dives and have not had one problem, small boats, great staff, boat captains and dive masters, they'll take you were you want to go if everyone one is in agreement. Caribe Blue is a quaint little seaside hotel, nothing fancy but clean and right next door to the dive shop which has a cafe on top overlooking the ocean.
Jim,

Looks like we'll be overlapping a little, not too many of us Caribe Blu/Blue Angle'ers late month.

We come in on the 25th & start boat diving on Sat. the 26th...see ya' around the Casa:D

Sharky, I'll see you on the boat Saturday. I'll be diving thru Tuesday some 4 dives a day in there.
Soup2,

Just Got back Yesterday :(
First Trip
First Plane
First salt water dive

WOW , alot of emotions and a awsome Week
I dove with Dive with martin and Dressel when the port was close Because of "El Norte"

I will be back for sure !!

Just Got back Yesterday :(
First Trip
First Plane
First salt water dive

WOW , alot of emotions and a awsome Week
I dove with Dive with martin and Dressel when the port was close Because of "El Norte"

I will be back for sure !!

Aaarg! nows we've got awr 'ooks in yer...yool be back far shoor!

(sorry can't wait for "Talk like a pirate day" :d)

Back
Top Bottom